The following is a list of my current positions:
Owner – DC Software Solutions
- Design and implement new software applications (Web, Mobile, Desktop, or Full Scale applications).
- Troubleshoot, and provide on-going maintenance for existing software installations/servers setups.
- Consult on new key business solutions, and provide the best course of technological action.
Software Developer –
- Provide ongoing maintenance/improvement for not only the Navtech Preferential Bidding System (PBS) in both Web and Desktop Varieties, but also the Navtech Customer Digital Information System (NCDIS).
The following is a list of my previous positions:
Technology Analyst (Co-op) –
- Assisted in the maintenance and administration of the main BI tool in the department. During the term, I maintained the administrative access for the main BI tool, which helped reduce the turn-around time for issue response from 5 hours, to 2 hours.
- Developed a number of BI tools to help with the administration/maintenance. As the term went on, I identified and developed a number of tools using the built-in development environment (Cognos TM1 TurboIntegrator) that further reduced the issue response and solution times.
- Automated daily reports for the retail markets department. These reports were formerly hand generated by referencing spreadsheets. This manual process was replaced by various VB Scripts that would generate these reports, thus saving the company considerable man hours.
Developer/Designer/Programmer (Co-op) –
- Developed an automated process for the ATLAS server process. Originally, the hedgers would manually add their figures into a specific file location for the server to run during quarter/month end. This was replaced with a tool written in Adobe Flex/Apache Tomcat Java to provide a level of auditing to the process.
- Managed a small team in order to develop a website redesign plan. Over the course of the term, we were able to develop and present a test plan that resulted in a clear implementable strategy on how to redesign the website. I used the Agile PM Methodology for the project, having daily stand-up meetings, and bi weekly burn down meetings with the project sponsor in order to create/prioritize our backlog.
- Undertook various development projects in conjunction with other tasks. As the term went on, there were a number of individual projects that various members of the department required assistance on. The completion of these projects helped reduce cost from contracting an external source to complete them.
Software Developer (Co-op) –
- Developed and maintained portable modules to be used within the various websites. While working through the term, there were a number of modules that each of the various websites could benefit from. These models (written in PHP), helped create a more immersive experience for the end user.
Customer Service –
- Answer incoming telephone inquiries
- Handle incoming orders
- Send out orders to drivers